About Martham Lodge
Martham Lodge Residential Care Home is an old Victorian country house, overlooking the village green in Martham. A modern, purpose-built extension provides a home for 20 residents set in the picturesque Norfolk Broads. A beautiful south facing enclosed garden is well maintained with lawns, raised flowerbeds with a variety of flowers, shrubs and trees used for their colours, fragrance & textures.
Each bedroom at Martham Lodge is light, fresh and offers a comfortable personal space with modern facilities.
Our rooms are equipped with a nurse call bell system, television points for Freeview TV and are Wifi friendly.
What We Offer
Martham Lodge Residential Care Home provides a professional standard of care and service to the elderly within a safe, homely and comfortable environment that has been specifically designed for those living with any form of Dementia. Whilst encouraging residents to become part of a family unit, much emphasis will be placed on the specific needs of individuals. Promoting independence, dignity and respect are a fundamental part of our ethos to maintain the quality of life for everyone in our care.
- Staff available 24 hours a day.
- Nurse call bell & intercom system.
- Lift that accesses all floors.
- Fiddle board, dart board and activities areas throughout the home.
- Reminiscence decor throughout.
- Fully furnished bedrooms but arrangements can be made to bring in your own furniture.
- Local Doctors, District Nurses & Physiotherapists visit when requested
- Hairdressing & Chiropody available on the premises.
- Individual spiritual needs are met with all denominations as required.
- Recreational games organised as requested. e.g. Bingo, Scrabble etc.
- Piano and sing along musical sessions.
- Outings arranged.
- Large south facing mature gardens.
- In house laundry service.
- Good home cooked traditional food using seasonal produce.
- Three main meals a day, served in the dining room.
- Morning coffee and afternoon tea with biscuits and homemade cakes.
- Meals can be served in your own room. Why not have breakfast in bed?
- Full fire precautions.
- Full central heating.
Activities at Martham Lodge
Activities are conducted on a personal basis working with individuals to help them maintain their interests, as well as group sessions for all who wish to participate. We have an activities programme that includes regular ‘live’ music performances, arts & crafts, reminiscence groups, sing along sessions and coffee & cake afternoons. At Martham Lodge, we like to encourage activities that promote the continuation of ‘normal life’ with tasks such as folding the laundry & hanging out the washing, helping in the garden, writing the day’s menu on our blackboard and laying tables. We also have a sweet shop trolley which travels around our home every week, offering classic sweets and treats.