About Broadland House
Broadland House is a residential care home for the elderly, located in Potter Heigham in the heart of the Norfolk Broads. Broadland House provides a home for 20 older people who may be living with a form of Dementia. We offer a caring & relaxed environment for our residents so that they may live with dignity & maintain a lifestyle which would be enjoyed in their own home. A raised courtyard garden is located at the rear of the building, this has been planted with various shrubs and flowers for their colours, fragrance and textures.
Bedrooms at Broadland House are very spacious, light and offer attractive furnishings and a comfortable space.
Our rooms are equipped with a wireless nurse call bell system, television points for Freeview TV and are Wifi friendly.
What We Offer
Broadland House Residential Care Home provides a professional standard of care and service to the elderly within a safe, homely and comfortable environment that has been specifically designed for those living with any form of Dementia. Whilst encouraging residents to become part of a family unit, much emphasis will be placed on the specific needs of individuals. Promoting independence, dignity and respect are a fundamental part of our ethos to maintain the quality of life for everyone in our care.
- Staff available 24 hours a day.
- Wireless nurse call bell & intercom system.
- Lift that accesses all floors.
- 1950’s themed Rock N’ Roll area, complete with vintage style jukebox
- Reminiscence themed areas.
- Fully furnished bedrooms but arrangements can be made to bring in your own furniture.
- Local Doctors, District Nurses & Physiotherapists visit when requested
- Hairdressing & Chiropody available on the premises.
- Individual spiritual needs are met with all denominations as required.
- Recreational games organised as requested. e.g. Bingo, Scrabble etc.
- Piano and sing along musical sessions.
- Outings arranged.
- Raised flower beds in the courtyard garden.
- In house laundry service.
- Good home cooked traditional food usingseasonal produce.
- Three main meals a day, served in the dining room.
- Morning coffee and afternoon tea with biscuits and homemade cakes.
- Meals can be served in your own room. Why not have breakfast in bed?
- Full fire precautions.
- Full central heating.
Activities at Broadland House
Activities at Broadland House are displayed on the events & activities board to encourage participation from friends and family as well as the residents themselves. We have an activities programme that includes regular musical entertainment such as an Elvis impersonator, country and western singers the like. Broadland House also encourage activities that promote the continuation of ‘normal life’ with tasks such as folding the laundry & hanging out the washing, helping in the garden, and laying tables.